All applicants residing in the United States who are required to submit fingerprints with their application must submit their fingerprints through the State of Wisconsin’s vendor Fieldprint.
Electronic fingerprint submissions are not accepted from any law enforcement agency or any vendor other than Fieldprint.
General steps to submit electronic fingerprints
1. Determine if you need to submit fingerprints
See if you meet the requirements to submit fingerprints. Use the fingerprint decision-making tree to help you decide.
2. Schedule an appointment with Fieldprint
Go to www.fieldprintwisconsin.com to schedule an appointment. You will need to create an account on that website if you don't already have one. To find the nearest location, search by ZIP code at http://bit.ly/wi-prints.
3. Enter "FPWIDPITeach" as the reason code/employer ID on the Fieldprint website.
You will need this code to schedule an appointment.
4. Complete all information as required on the website
5. Pay for the fingerprinting service online
Use a credit card or pre-paid credit card (found at many general grocery stores and other retailers statewide).
6. Print the confirmation page that details the location and time of your appointment
Go to your Fieldprint appointment and have your digital fingerprints taken. The fingerprints will automatically be sent to DPI because you entered "FPWIDPITeach" as the reason code/employer ID when making your Fieldprint appointment.
You will only be contacted by DPI regarding your fingerprint submission if there has been an error. Assume that your fingerprints have arrived at DPI until you are notified otherwise.
Note: all applicants must schedule a fingerprinting appointment online. Walk-ins are not allowed at Fieldprint's fingerprinting facility. Please see related documents below for more information about scheduling an appointment with Fieldprint.
At the appointment, you will need to provide two forms of identification: one picture ID, and one secondary ID from the lists below:
Fieldprint Customer Service: 1-877-614-4364.
- Screenshots of www.fieldprintwisconsin.com - This document provides examples of the steps involved in scheduling an appointment on the website.