The application directions are for educators who fall into one of the following categories:
- first-time applications by educators prepared in Wisconsin prior to 9/1/2004; OR
- applicants for a JROTC Teaching License; OR
- applicants for the three-year non-renewable Military Spouse license; OR
- you were directed by DPI to complete this application
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- If applying as an educator prepared in Wisconsin prior to 9/1/2004, obtain a completed PI-1612 Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form.
Obtain a valid JROTC instructor certification from one of the following branches of the military:
- United States Army
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Marine Corps
- Copy of valid license in good standing from another state
- Verification of your spouse’s current military orders AND a copy of either your marriage license OR the military ID card for your spouse.
- If directed by DPI to submit this application, obtain DPI-requested documentation
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.