This application is for educators who are applying for either a new Wisconsin teacher license or adding on a new subject to an existing Wisconsin teacher license, based on either a valid teacher license from outside Wisconsin and experience or completion of a preparation program out of state.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Valid license from another state
- PI-1613-Employment Verification
- PI-1612-Institutional Endorsement-T
- Bachelor’s degree transcripts
- Any additional college transcripts where credit and or degree was earned
- Foundations of Reading Test (FORT) score report
- Praxis II score report
- Other state content test score report
*Not all tests are required. In some cases, it may be possible to obtain a Wisconsin license even if you have not completed all Wisconsin testing requirements at the time of application. If this applies to you, please upload a written statement identifying the testing requirement(s) you have not met. When we review your application, we will determine what license you are entitled to without those tests.
Important Note on Documents
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.