Paper fingerprint cards are only available for applicants who currently do not live in the United States
- Request paper fingerprint cards from the Department of Public Instruction via the Contact Us form.
- Upon receiving a request for paper fingerprint cards, DPI will send, via U.S. Mail, two fingerprint cards preprinted with the Department's codes. Your fingerprints must be prepared on both of the DPI-supplied cards.
- Upon receipt of fingerprint cards from DPI, make arrangements to have your fingerprints prepared by a U.S. Embassy or Consulate. Contact the nearest U.S. Embassy or Consulate for details.
- Remember to bring photo identification with you when having your fingerprints prepared.
- Fill out all required fields (details below) on each card in black ink before your fingerprints are taken. Cards will be returned to you if the required fields are not correctly completed.
Fingerprint Cards Required Fields
Complete all fields on the FBI cards (blue lines and printing on a white background), which are listed on one side of the card.
- NAM - Last Name, First Name, Middle Name
- Signature of Person Fingerprinted
- AKA - Aliases
- DOB - Date of Birth: Month, Day, Year
- HGT - Height
- WGT - Weight
- EYES - Eye Color
- HAIR - Hair Color
- SOC - Social Security Number
- The Signature of Official Taking Fingerprints and Date must be completed by the law enforcement official who prepares your prints.
Completed cards are forwarded by DPI to the Wisconsin Department of Justice/FBI.
Once both cards are completed, prepared with your fingerprints and signed, mail them to the Department of Public Instruction. Do not fold the fingerprint cards and do not staple them to your application forms.
If you must send fingerprint cards separately from your application materials and fee, mail the cards, in the envelope provided, to:
DPI - Educator Licensing
P.O. Box 7841
Madison, WI 53707-7841