This application is for teachers, administrators, or pupil services professionals who hold or previously held a five-year substitute license and wish to hold this license again.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- You may upload a copy of your current or expired substitute license in place of the transcripts requested on the Application Attachments page. If you are not able to access a copy of the license, you can upload a Word document that contains the license information shown in License Lookup to prove you hold or have held this license.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "A-Teacher including 5-Year Sub) [T001]"
- Choose "Teacher: Request New Substitute Teacher 5 year - Wi Licensee "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.