Directions for applying for an Indian Language License
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Letter of recommendation from employing district or school administrator
- Letter from tribal council designee or local American Indian parent advisory committee designee documenting competence to teach Indian language
- Within ELO, make sure you have answered the three onboarding questions.
- Find the Start a New Transaction for a New License section of the Quick Start Menu. Select the same choices in the three drop-downs in the application screenshot below:
- Choose "4-Other Category"
- Choose "Indian Language License [O032]"
- Choose "Request Indian Language License "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
- Click the GO! button next to “Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application.”
- Review your fees.
- Complete the Conduct and Competency Questionnaire (14 questions).
- Pay with a credit card or pre-paid card. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.