- Bachelor's degree
- Master's, Education Specialist, or Doctorate degree
- Eligible for Wisconsin license at the Provisional Educator level
- 6 semesters of teaching/pupil services experience
People who fit this pathway profile are teachers or pupil services professionals who wish to pursue a career as an administrator in a Wisconsin public school. Candidates must complete the approved administrator preparation program specific to the license they are seeking at a Wisconsin college/university. Upon completion, the Wisconsin college/university will endorse the candidate for Wisconsin license.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DECIDE what administrator licensure you are interested in.
- IDENTIFY the Wisconsin college/university approved to prepare administrators for the Wisconsin license you are seeking using the Find a Preparation Program page.
- CONTACT the college/university directly to learn about their programs and enrollment. See Contact Information for Approved Educator Preparation Programs.
- COMPLETE the degree requirements.
- COMPLETE the requirements of the approved administrator licensure program.
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.
If you completed an Administrator program outside Wisconsin, use the Out-of-State pathway.