This application is for educators who are applying for a new Driver’s Education license they have never held before, earned by completing an out-of-state Educator Preparation Program (EPP). The Driver’s Education license is a supplementary teaching license.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- PI-1612-Institutional Endorsement and Assurances form
- PI-1613-Employment Verification form, when applicable
- Transcripts (bachelor’s degree plus prep program if not part of bachelor’s)
- Test score reports
- Tests required by the state in which you were prepared, when applicable
- Have your Wisconsin driver’s license ready
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Choose "1-Teacher Category"
- Choose "N-Teacher - Driver Education License [T021]"
- Choose "Driver Education: Request First Time Educator License - Out of State Program "
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.