This application is for educators who:
- Are being supported by a Wisconsin public school district to teach technical or vocational education in their school
- Have training and/or experience in a technical or vocational field or trade, as well as some training in how to teach (pedagogy)
- Qualification for this license is based on a system of points. For more information about eligibility see the Experience-based Technical and Vocational Education Subjects under the School District Support Licenses Pathway and read the Vocational Subjects and Technical Education Subjects Crosswalk.
How to Apply for an Experience-Based Technical and Vocation Education Subjects License
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Documentation of experience and pedagogy, which may include:
- industry certificate
- the signature of a supervisor, employer, or another reliable observer
- verification by a course instructor, a transcript, or a certificate
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Click the “GO!” button.
- Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.