- Bachelor's degree
- Completed a teacher preparation program accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education or Association Montessori International (AMI)
- Seeking to teach in a Wisconsin public Montessori school
Educators who fit this pathway profile have already completed a teacher preparation program that is accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education. To be eligible for this license, the teacher must also complete the appropriate content knowledge assessment, the Foundations of Reading test, and a course in special education.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- COMPLETE all the requirements of the approved teacher licensure program.
- PREPARE electronic copies of required documents:
- Institutional Endorsement form (PI-1612) from teacher preparation program
- Transcripts that document bachelor's degree and a 3 credit course in special education
- Content area test
For Infant-Toddler, Early Childhood, and Elementary I levels: Praxis II Elementary Education Content Knowledge Test (5018)
For Elementary II and Secondary levels: Praxis II Middle School Content Knowledge Test (5146)
- Score report for the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.