This application is for educators who have not yet completed the requirements to be eligible for the five-year Educational Interpreter license. This is a one-year license, during which the educator must work towards completing the requirements for the five-year license.
How to Apply for the Emergency Educational Interpreter License
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
- Use the fingerprint decision tree to determine if this step is needed. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint by following the Electronic Fingerprint Submission directions.
2. Gather Documents
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size
- Have your employing school district complete the PI-1624-LWS1 District Request for a One-year License with Stipulations.
- Verification letter of enrollment into an approved into an approved interpreter training program or if interpreter training program is complete and assessments still need to be completed, transcripts verifying completion of approved interpreter training program.
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO)
- Choose "4-Other Category"
- Choose "Educational Interpreter License [O020]"
- Choose Educational Interpreter: Request Emergency Permit [1015, 1 of2]"
Click the “GO!” button.
NOTE: THIS IS A TWO-STEP APPLICATION.
4. After submitting the first part, wait for an email from the ELO system with directions for completing the second part. It can take 2-8 weeks to receive this notification. Payment is made when the second part of the application is submitted.
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.