This application is for educators who completed a Wisconsin Educator Preparation Program for their first administrator license or a new position.
*Note: If you completed your Wisconsin preparation program before 9/1/2004, please follow the directions for an uncommon request.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Preview the ELO Conduct & Competency Questions to see if you will need to provide documentation of any alleged misconduct.
- Confirm with your EPP that your license endorsement has already been submitted to the DPI. This Endorsed Candidates for Licensure (ECL) data is required to complete your online license application. If you are unsure whether your EPP has submitted this data to the DPI, please contact the Certification Officer at your EPP.
- An employment verification form that verifies three years of experience as a teacher or pupil services professional.
- Use one employment verification form for each district at which you worked.
- If you are currently in your third year of employment the form must not be signed until after April 1st.
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
- Choose "2-Administrator Category"
- Choose "A-Administrator (e.g. Superintendent, Principal, etc.) [A001}"
- Choose Administrator: Request New Educator License - In-State WI Program ."
Click the “GO!”
Complete each page of the application as instructed. Review your Application Summary and edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application.
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout out the year. For current processing times see Check Application Status.