IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for educators who hold, or have held, a one-year Wisconsin license based on completing an educator preparation program headquartered in a state other than Wisconsin, and have satisfied all testing requirements for a three-year Provisional Wisconsin license. This application can only be completed after January 1 of the year the one-year Wisconsin license will expire.
If you have not met the requirements to apply for your three-year Provisional license, you may apply for another 1-year License with Stipulations.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Score report for the WI Content Knowledge Exam Praxis II/ACFTL; OR
- Score report for Foundations of Reading Test (FORT) with a score of 240 or better; OR
- Score report for edTPA
- If you have also completed your statutory stipulations, upload those documents as well
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.