This application is for educators who meet eligibility requirements for an upgrade to the Provisional license, or an educator seeking another 1-Year License with Stipulations. To upgrade the educator must have satisfied all testing requirements or hold a valid out-of-state license & have at least one year of teaching experience in that state or a Wisconsin school while holding a 1-Year License with Stipulations
If you have not met the requirements to apply for your three-year Provisional license, you may apply for another 1-year License with Stipulations.
How to Apply
1. Determine if you must submit fingerprints
2. Gather Documents
- Score report for the WI Content Knowledge Exam Praxis II/ACFTL; OR
- Score report for Foundations of Reading Test (FORT) with a score of 240 or better
- If you have also completed your statutory stipulations, upload those documents as well
3. Log in to Educator Licensing Online (ELO) with your WAMS ID
4. Receive Email Confirmation
5. Complete Application on ELO
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.