IS THIS THE RIGHT APPLICATION FOR ME?
This application is for educators who hold a valid Wisconsin Provisional, Initial, or Professional Educator license, and have successfully completed 6 semesters of experience in Wisconsin in the area of their license (teaching, administration or pupil services) within 5 years immediately preceding the start date of the Lifetime license. Educators must also have completed all statutory stipulations. The six semesters of successful experience must meet the following criteria:
- Experience completed in the license area (Teaching, Administration or Pupil Services) while holding either a Provisional, Initial Educator, Professional Educator or Master Educator license.
- Experience completed in the five years immediately preceding the July 1 start date of the Lifetime license.
- Experience must be providing direct services to students or providing administrative oversight in a prekindergarten through grade 12 setting in the license area of the Provisional license verified as successful experience by an educational entity in Wisconsin.
- Note: this experience must be verified by each applicable employer for whom the applicant has successfully completed service.
OR IF YOU ARE REVALIDATING A LIFETIME LICENSE THAT HAS BEEN EXPIRED:
This application can also be used for educators who once held a valid Wisconsin life or lifetime license that is now expired or invalid. In the application, you will be required to either upload an employment verification or a short statement (in Microsoft Word or another word processing application) that states you wish to revalidate your Lifetime license.
Use the Application Checklist to ensure you have completed all appropriate steps of the application. If you do not fit into this category, please go back and select a different application.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
DETERMINE IF YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING
- Use the document below to determine if you must submit fingerprints. If you have determined that you need fingerprints, submit them electronically via our vendor Fieldprint.
- Preview the Conduct and Competency form. If applicable, obtain supporting documentation for any “yes” answers to the conduct questions.
COLLECT YOUR DOCUMENTATION
Scan all documentation into files (.pdf, .doc/docx, .jpg/jpeg, or .txt) that are 2MB or less in size.
- Obtain a PI-1613 Employment Verification form showing six semesters of experience in Wisconsin in the area of your license (teaching, administration or pupil services).
- Note: this experience must be verified by each applicable employer for whom you have successfully completed service. If each semester of experience has been with a different employer, you must obtain six different employment verification forms.
- If you have statutory stipulations on your license, obtain documentation verifying that you have met the stipulation(s) (transcripts, course completion certificates, etc.).
LOGGING IN AND FINDING YOUR LICENSES
- If you do not already have an active Web Access Management System (WAMS) ID follow the directions on the Web Access Management System page to do so.
- Onboarding must be completed, whether or not you already hold or held a Wisconsin license. If you hold or held a Wisconsin license(s) you will see your license(s) at the end of the Onboarding process.
- If your name has changed use License Lookup to determine what name is on file with DPI, as you will use that name in the Onboarding.
- If you have not already Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID please do so.
FINDING AND SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
FIND AND OPEN THE APPLICATION
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application. Once you have Onboarded your license record to your WAMS ID you will be brought to the Quick Start Menu. Find the APPLY FOR A NEW LICENSE section of the Quick Start Menu. Make the exact same choices in your three drop down menus as you see in the application screenshots in these directions and in the application checklist. Once you’ve made the appropriate choices in the drop down menus click the “GO!” button directly to the right of the drop down menus to open that application.
COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE APPLICATION
Read each page of the application, complete the page as instructed, and click “next” to move forward in the application. Once you reach the end of the application you will review your Application Summary and may edit information if necessary OR click the “SUBMIT” button to submit your application. You will receive an auto-generated application confirmation email with a PDF Application Summary attached shortly after submission. This email also contains directions for completing your application payment.
Use the "My ELO" button (which can also be found in the top left-hand corner of any TEPDL webpage) to login to ELO with your WAMS ID and open your application.
AFTER YOU SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
- You will complete the Conduct and Competency questionnaire right before submitting your application payment.
- Have either a credit card or pre-paid credit card ready for electronic payment. For fee amounts and additional payment information please see License Application Fees.
- You cannot pay with any other payment method.
- You will see the application(s) you’ve submitted in the ELO Cart and Additional Activities section of the Quick Start Menu along with a sentence that says "Submit C&C and Payment to Complete Application." Click the “GO!” button directly to the right of this sentence and you will begin the payment process and Conduct and Competency questionnaire. The first page in the payment process shows you each application you’ve submitted along with each application fee. The second page in the payment process shows you the total fee after bundling any possible application fees. Then you will answer the Conduct and Competency questionnaire (14 questions) before being prompted for your credit card number.
Our processing times vary throughout the year. For current processing times see the Check Application Status page.