The State of Wisconsin has a contract with Fieldprint, a private vendor, to offer inkless fingerprinting using Livescan technology. Fieldprint captures fingerprints at various locations throughout the United States and submits them electronically to the Wisconsin Department of Justice and the FBI. The results of the background check based on the fingerprints are then forwarded to Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction.
Electronic fingerprint submissions are not accepted from any law enforcement agency or any vendor other than Fieldprint.
To improve the efficiency of license application processing, all applicants who are required to submit fingerprints, residing in the United States must submit their fingerprints through Fieldprint.
General steps to submit electronic fingerprints:
- Determine if you meet the requirements to submit fingerprints by reviewing the information at https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint. Use the fingerprint decision-making tree to help you decide.
- Go to www.fieldprintwisconsin.com to schedule an appointment with Fieldprint. You will need to create an account on that website if you don't already have one. Please note that Fieldprint has locations across the US. To find the nearest location, search by ZIP code at http://bit.ly/wi-prints.
- Enter "FPWIDPITeach" as the reason code/employer ID on the Fieldprint website. You will need this code to schedule an appointment.
- Complete all information as required on the website.
- Schedule your appointment at an available location and time on the Fieldprint website.
- Pay for the fingerprinting service online using a credit card or pre-paid credit card (found at many general grocery stores and other retailers statewide).
- Print the confirmation page that details the location and time of your appointment.
- Go to your Fieldprint appointment and have your digital fingerprints taken. The fingerprints will automatically be sent to DPI because you entered "FPWIDPITeach" as the reason code/employer ID when making your Fieldprint appointment. You will only be contacted by DPI regarding your fingerprint submission if there has been an error with submission. Assume that your fingerprints have arrived at DPI until you are notified otherwise.
Note: all applicants must schedule a fingerprinting appointment online. Walk-ins are not allowed at Fieldprint's fingerprinting facility. Please see related documents below for more information about scheduling an appointment with Fieldprint.
At the appointment, you will need to provide 2 forms of identification for the appointment: one picture ID, and one secondary ID from the lists below:
Fieldprint Customer Service: 1-877-614-4364.