- Bachelor's degree
- Completed a teacher preparation program accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council of Teacher Education or Montessori International
- Seeking to teach in a Wisconsin public Montessori school
Seeking a Montessori license?
Educators who fit this pathway profile have already completed a teacher preparation program that is accredited by the Montessori Accreditation Council for Teacher Education. To be eligible for this license, the teacher must also complete required tests, an edTPA, and a course in special education.
Download a PDF version of the video.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- COMPLETE all the requirements of the approved teacher licensure program.
- PREPARE electronic copies of required documents:
- Institutional Endorsement form (PI-1612) from teacher preparation program
- Basic skills test (i.e., Praxis CORE, ACT, SAT, or GRE)
- Content area test
- For Infant-Toddler, Early Childhood, and Elementary I levels: Praxis II Elementary Education Content Knowledge Test (5018)
- For Elementary II and Secondary levels: Praxis II Middle School Content Knowledge Test (5146)
- edTPA score report
- Score report for the Wisconsin Foundations of Reading Test
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.
Download a printable version of this information.