- Hold a current teacher OR administrator license from another state that is in good standing
- Have taught one year with the teacher OR administrator license from out of state
Seeking a Wisconsin License as an Out-of-State applicant?
Educators who fit this pathway profile already hold a license from another state and have at least one year of experience working in a school under that license. These educators have not completed the Wisconsin requirements of our Out-of-State pathway. The License Based on Reciprocity pathway provides for a five-year license to teach or be an administrator. During this time, the educator may complete the requirements of our Out-of-State pathway. For more information about the License Based on Reciprocity, see the License Based on Reciprocity page.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DETERMINE your eligibility by following the steps identified here: License Based on Reciprocity
- PREPARE electronic copies of your valid license from another state and an employment verification
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.