Directions for an applicant who holds a bachelors degree and is applying for a Charter School Teacher License to teach a subject in which they demonstrate proficiency in a non-virtual charter school.
- Create a WAMS (Wisconsin Access Management System) ID if you do not already have one.
- It is recommended that applicants use a personal email address when creating an ELO account. This email address must be available and accessible by the applicants as it will be the primary communication method from the licensing system.
- Please follow the instructions on the screen when setting up a WAMS account. There are links to the WAMS Help page and the WAMS FAQ page. For assistance in setting up WAMS account, contact Help Wisconsin Support
- Guide to creating a WAMS ID
- If you have ever held or applied for a license or permit from the DPI, successfully "onboard" into the ELO system - Onboarding Instructions
- Determine whether you need to get fingerprinted. For more info, see https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/fingerprint
- Preview the Conduct and Competency questions you will be answering in ELO at: https://dpi.wi.gov/tepdl/licensing/background
IF there is some type of misconduct that needs to be reported, prepare and attach a written explanation of what happened. You must also provide complete electronic (scanned) copies of documents associated with the matter that can corroborate / illuminate your explanation of the incident. These may include the criminal complaint, judgment of conviction, police reports, disciplinary letters/findings, correspondence, etc., as applicable. (Note: Court history information printed from the CCAP web site is NOT sufficient.)
- You will need to scan one of the following documents into a PDF file that is less than 2 MB in size each and save the file so that it is readily available to upload into ELO during the application process.
Transcript(s) documenting completion of a major or minor in the core subject(s); or,
Passing score(s) on Praxis II exam in the core subject(s); or,
Verification of successful completion of core subject content knowledge assessment process approved by the state superintendent.
Please note that there are two transactions for this application. The first transaction is used to gather pertinent data and must be approved by DPI before you can complete the second transaction. There may be a time-lag between your submission of the first transaction and DPI’s notification to you that you may move to the second transaction.
- You will pay your application fee during the second transaction. Have your credit card ready. If you do not already have a credit card, you should purchase a pre-paid credit card at a convenience store.