- Bachelor's degree,
- Master's, Education Specialist, or Doctorate degree,
- Eligible for Wisconsin license at the Professional Educator level
- 3 years of teaching experience
Seeking an Administrator License?
People who fit this pathway profile are teachers or pupil services professionals who wish to pursue a career as an administrator in a Wisconsin public school. Wisconsin administrator licenses require a master's degree, three years of successful teaching/pupil services experience, and eligibility to hold a teaching or pupil services license at the Professional Educator level. A district administrator license requires the completion of an education specialist or doctorate degree. Candidates must complete the approved administrator preparation program specific to the license they are seeking at a Wisconsin college/university. Upon completion, the Wisconsin college/university will endorse the candidate for Wisconsin license.
If you fit this pathway profile:
- DECIDE what administrator licensure you are interested in.
- IDENTIFY the Wisconsin college/university approved to prepare administrators for the Wisconsin license you are seeking using: Find a Prep Program
- CONTACT the college/university directly to learn about their programs and enrollment. Here are Public IHE Contacts or Private IHE Contacts.
- COMPLETE the degree requirements.
- COMPLETE the requirements of the approved administrator licensure program.
- APPLY for a Wisconsin License using the ELO System.
If you completed an Administrator program outside Wisconsin, use the Out-of-State pathway.