As required by Section 201 of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA), School Food Authorities (SFAs) that meet the requirements outlined in the final rule for Nutrition Standards in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) and School Breakfast Program (SBP), may be certified as eligible to receive an additional eight cents for each reimbursable lunch served.
- New Questions and Answers Related to the Certification of Compliance with Meal Requirements for the National School Lunch Program SP 26-2014, USDA, 03/11/14
- Questions and Answers Related to the 6-Cents Certification Tool SP 44-2012, USDA, 09/12/12
- Final Rule: Certification of Compliance with Meal Requirements for the National School Lunch Program under the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 Federal Register 7 CFR Part 210, USDA, 01/02/14
Menu Workbooks and Simplified Nutrient Assessments
Breakfast and Lunch Certification Workbooks (3-, 4-, 5-, 6- and 7-day workbooks)
Directions and Specifications
- Directions for Menu Worksheet
- Directions for Simplified Nutrient Assessment
- Instructions for Transferring Data from USDA Certification Tools (USDA)
- Mac computer users: Make sure workbooks are saved in Microsoft Office Excel 97-2003
Additional Nutrition Assessment Options
- USDA Approved Software - This is the list of USDA-approved nutrient analysis software to use with your menu certification workbook if you are not using the Simplified Nutrient Assessment within the workbook.
Tools for Completion
- Dietary Specifications Tool (nutrient analysis)
- Online nutrition analysis tools to assist when using Simplified Nutrient Assessment within the workbook: