The Importance of Nutrition Education
Providing nutrition education helps create a healthier school environment and is critical to the success of the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program. To learn more and to access nutrition education resources, visit Wisconsin’s Team Nutrition webpage. You can also:
- Order free nutrition education resources using USDA’s Team Nutrition order form.
- Search for free lesson plans using the National Agriculture Literacy Curriculum Matrix.
- Review a list of free nutrition education resources on the Farm to School Education and Resources webpage.
Fruit and Vegetable Fact Sheets
Information about Fruits and Vegetables
- Fruits and Veggies Database (Produce for Better Health Foundation)
- Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Promotional Resources (Wisconsin School Nutrition Team)
- Fruit and Vegetable Morning Announcements (Iowa Department of Education)
- Fruit and Vegetable Promotion Ideas (Iowa Department of Education)
- Alphabet Fruit and Veggie Signage (Smarter Lunchrooms Movement)
- Printable postcards and flash cards are located under the "Free Print-Your-Own Smarter Mealtimes Signage" heading