A vended meals agreement is established when a school contracts with a private company (also referred to as a vendor) for the purpose of providing meals. The vendor is not involved in any aspect of managing Child Nutrition Programs. This type of agreement must be competitively procured.
- Vended Meals Agreement - To request a copy, contact the DPI Procurement Contract Specialist
Example of Evaluation Matrix for Awarding Vended Meals Agreement (Updated April 2017)
Resources and Policy Memos
- USDA Foods Handling Charges Accounting Procedures - DPI SNT, 04/2017
- Crediting of USDA Foods Value for FSMC Contracts, Vended Meal Agreements, and Joint Agreements - DPI SNT, 04/2017
- DPI Notice to SFAs Requiring the Use of Template Vended Meals Agreements and Joint Agreements - DPI SNT, 04/25/2011
- Bid and Procurement Requirements Between School Food Authorities - Memo #4, FY93 School Programs Policy, USDA, 10/1993