FY 2019 NSLP Equipment Assistance Grant (October 17-November 15, 2019)
Priority for this grant will be given to schools that have 50 percent or higher free and reduced-price meal eligibility. Requested equipment must cost more than your SFA’s established capitalization threshold or $5,000, whichever is less. *The threshold for the purchase of equipment cannot be lower than $1,000.
The application period will be from October 17-November 15, 2019.
** A live webinar on the new process will be held Thursday, October 24 from 1:00-2:00pm. Visit the training webpage for more information! **
New Application Process
This year DPI updated the Equipment Assistance Grant Application Process. It will be a two part process in which SFAs will first submit their application and specifications to DPI SNT. DPI SNT will review the application and specifications to determine if the SFA qualifies to proceed with the bidding process. The SFA will be notified if they are eligible to proceed with the bidding process.
*Please note, equipment grant forms are created as pdf editable forms in Adobe. You may need to download the most basic version of Adobe to your computer to access and complete these forms. Do not upload the forms to Google as the Google doc format distorts the forms.
- Announcement Letter
- Equipment Assistance Grant Application (PI-6201-2)
- Equipment Assistance Grant Specification Sheet (PI-6208)
If you need additional pages to list all of the schools being serviced by the equipment, download this template.
Step 1: The grant application and equipment specifications forms are posted on this webpage. Download the Equipment Grant Application and the Equipment Grant Specification Sheet.
Step 2: Fill out one Equipment Assistance Grant Specification Sheet (PI-6208) for each piece of equipment being requested.
- SFAs can request up to two pieces of equipment, unless the SFA has over 40,000 students, then the SFA can request up to four pieces. Each piece of equipment should be a per unit cost that is greater than $1,000 AND is greater than the SFA’s capitalization threshold or USDA’s capitalization threshold of $5,000, whichever is less.
Step 3: Fill out the Equipment Assistance Grant Application (PI-6201-2).
- Be sure to list the most needed piece of equipment first. Include all the schools that will be serviced by the requested piece of equipment.
Step 4: After filling out the Equipment Assistance Grant Specification Sheet (PI-6208) and Equipment Assistance Grant Application (PI-6201-2) electronically, save the file to your computer, and then attach the files to an email and send to DPIEquipGnt@dpi.wi.gov.
- Documents should not be scanned. Documents should not be mailed as hard copies. Applications and specification sheets must be submitted by email by November 15, 2019. Retain a copy of the application for your files.
DPI staff will review the Equipment Assistance Grant Application and Specification Sheet(s). After review, an email will be sent to each SFA indicating if they are eligible to proceed with obtaining bids and how to proceed or if the SFA is not eligible for an Equipment Grant.
For more details please see the attached announcement letter from the SNT. All questions can be emailed to DPIEquipGnt@dpi.wi.gov or call Lauren Troxtel at (608) 266-5514.
- Summary – Writing Specifications for Food Service Equipment
- Equipment Purchasing and Facility Design for School Nutrition Programs
- Energy Star Information for Commercial Foodservice Equipment
- Water Saving Best Practices in Equipment Selection
- Look for the ENERGY STAR and Find Savings in Your Commercial Kitchen
- ENERGY STAR Guide for Cafes, Restaurants, and Institutional Kitchens
FY 2018 USDA NSLP Equipment Assistance Grant Awardees
These links are for your reference only; they do not constitute endorsement of particular brands or vendors.