- determine the SFA's compliance with program requirements,
- provide technical assistance,
- secure any needed corrective actions, and
- assess fiscal action, if applicable.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, there are no ARs scheduled for SY 2020-21
- List of Documents and Records Needed
- AR Process In A Nutshell
- Calendar of School Nutrition Program Requirements
- Preparing for Your AR webcasts
AR in the School Nutrition Programs Final Rule, USDA, 07/29/16
Administrative Review Areas
Fiscal action is the recovery of improperly paid funds and is assessed when errors are found in the Performance Standard I: Meal Access and Reimbursement section (excluding verification errors) and the Performance Standard II: Nutritional Quality and Meal Pattern section. Fiscal action is not required for errors found in the General Program Compliance areas, unless repeated or egregious violations are not corrected.
A USDA fiscal action workbook is utilized to calculate fiscal action. The SA may disregard an overclaim, if it does not exceed $600 per program. SFAs that have an overclaim of $600 or more that must be reclaimed, may appeal using the appeal procedures for the Child Nutrition Programs.