You are here
- Each year, Residential Child Care Institutions (RCCIs) participating in the USDA CNP with more than one meal site operating the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), and the School Breakfast Program (SBP) are required to conduct monitoring visits of each school meal service site to do a self-assessment of the counting, claiming and general areas to ensure program integrity and accountability.
- Monitoring is also required for RCCIs operating the Afterschool Snack Program (ASP), regardless of only operating the program at one site.
On-site Monitoring Forms
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- School Breakfast Program (SBP)
- The SBP On-Site Monitoring Form must be completed annually for 50% of sites operating SBP. Each school operating the SBP must be reviewed once every two years.
- Afterschool Snack Program (ASP)
- Unlike the NSLP and SBP, the ASP Onsite Monitoring Form is required for two monitoring visits each year, regardless of the number of sites, with the first observation taking place within the first four weeks.