Claims for the National School Lunch Program (NSLP), School Breakfast Program(SBP), Severe Need Breakfast, Afterschool Snack Program (ASP), and Area Eligible Snack Program are site-based.
Before entering a claim, we strongly encourage you to watch the Submitting Site-Based Reimbursement Claims webcast, then follow the step-by step instructions in the Site-based Online Claims Manual.
If you still have questions, feel free to contact us at (608) 267-9228. Note for Firefox (Mozilla) users: please use Chrome, Edge or Internet Explorer browser to enter your claim. Firefox and Mozilla are often set to block the claim upload.
- Online Claims Manual for NSLP, SBP, and ASP (site-based)
- Online Claim Manual for Special Milk Program
- Online Claims Manual for Wisconsin School Day Milk Program
- Online Claims Manual for Elderly Nutrition Program
- Average Daily Attendance (ADA) Calculation Tool
- School Code List (Public and Private Schools)
- Appeal Procedures for Child Nutrition Programs (For agencies that want to appeal a denial of a full or partial claim for reimbursement or being placed in claims withholding.)
An agency should only submit a paper claim when:
The SFA needs to modify an existing claim that has already been “paid” or “processed”.
The SFA is blocked from submitting online claims by DPI and needs to submit a claim to meet the 60 calendar day cut-off deadline.
The claim deadline lands on a Saturday, Sunday, or Federal holiday. Please plan ahead to avoid paper claim submissions.
To submit a paper claim, email the original or modified site-based claim excel template as an attachment to email@example.com
Remember to submit a paper claim for each program in which your SFA participates.
SFAs should allow ample time prior to the 60 calendar day cut-off deadlines to submit a claim should there be unforeseen technical issues. A late claim cannot be paid with federal funds unless the DPI grants a one-time exception. Only one exception may be granted separately for School Meal Programs, Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and Summer Food Service Program once every 36 months.The Federal and State Grants Program of DPI must approve all exception corrective action plans.