A Joint Agreement (also known as a joint prep agreement) is established when a school (purchasing school) contracts with another school (selling school) solely for the purpose of providing meals.
Resources and Policy Memos
- USDA Foods Handling Charges Accounting Procedures - DPI SNT, 04/2017
- Crediting of USDA Foods Value for FSMC Contracts, Vended Meal Agreements, and Joint Agreements - DPI SNT, 06/2018
How to Calculate USDA Foods Per Meal Credit with Joint Agreements - DPI SNT, 09/2016
- This DPI memo provides guidance on the process of determining and establishing the USDA Foods per meal credit for schools entering into a Joint Agreement to provide meals to another school.
- DPI Notice to SFAs Requiring the Use of Template Vended Meals Agreement and Joint Agreement - DPI SNT, 04/2011
- Bid and Procurement Requirements Between School Food Authorities - Memo #4, FY93 School Programs Policy, USDA, 10/1993