School Food Authorities (SFAs) must annually verify student eligibility from a sample of household applications approved for free and reduced price meals from the current school year.
The Eligibility Manual for School Meals provides comprehensive information on the Federal requirements, policies, and procedures for establishing eligibility in USDA School Meals Programs.
Verification is the process of confirming the eligibility for free and reduced price meals under the National School Lunch Program or School Breakfast Program.
- Verification Forms Packet- Supplementary materials that may be used to complete the Verification process to meet the annual Verification requirements.
- Statement of Earnings (Spanish) (Hmong)
Verification Letter Templates:
Policy and Guidance
- Verification of Eligibility for the National School Lunch Program DPI SNT, 09/18/17
- Beginning Verification before October 1: Guidance to Local Educational Agencies SP 42-2017, USDA, 09/08/17
- Ensuring Access to Free and Reduced Price Meals for Low-Income Students SP 43-2016, USDA, 06/30/16
Verification for Cause in the School Meal Programs SP 13-2012, USDA, 02/10/2012
- Verification of Eligibility for the National School Lunch Program DPI SNT, 10/01/16