There are specific circumstances in which noncompetitive procurement under 2CFR 200.320 (c) can be used. Noncompetitive procurement can only be awarded if one or more of the following circumstances apply:
(1) The estimated value of goods or services does not exceed the micro-purchase threshold;
(2) The item is available only from a single source;
(3) The public exigency or emergency for the requirement will not permit a delay resulting from publicizing a competitive solicitation;
(4) The Federal awarding agency or pass-through entity expressly authorizes a noncompetitive procurement in response to a written request from the non-Federal entity or;
(5) After solicitation of a number of sources, competition is determined inadequate.
Resources and Policy Memos
Questions and Answers for Child Nutrition Programs Emergency Procurement Due to Supply Chain Disruptions SP 23-2021, CACFP 18-2021, USDA, 10/15/2021