As part of the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act (HHFKA), the USDA has established minimum hiring requirements for some, and training requirements for all school nutrition program employees. This is an important step toward ensuring that ALL of America’s children receive safe, nutritious meals through efficient, cost-effective programs.
General Information & Resources
- Professional Standards "In A Nutshell"
- Brochure: Professional Standards Brochure for All School Nutrition Employees
Find the Professional Standards final rule, downloadable Tracking Tool, learning topics and learning codes, and access to free training by learning topic.
- DPI-developed Professional Standards Tracking Tool (Microsoft Excel)
- USDA Professional Standards Tracking Tool (Microsoft Access)
- For more information, please visit USDA's Professional Standards Information webpage.
- USDA Professional Standards Tracking Tool Version 2.0
Additional Guidance & Memos
Questions & Answers on the Final Rule "Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010" USDA, SP 38-2016, 5/26/16
- Summary of Professional Standards Final Rule Flyer
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) overview – DPI, September 2015
- Professional Standards Update DPI SNT, 09/13/16
- Professional Standards DPI SNT, 09/04/15
- Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as Required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010, 7 CFR Parts 210 and 235
- Professional Standards for School Nutrition Personnel Webinar, USDA, March 17, 2015
- USDA's Final Rule: Professional Standards for State and Local School Nutrition Programs Personnel as required by the Healthy, Hunger-Free Kids Act of 2010 DPI SNT, 04/30/15
Looking for training opportunities? Visit the School Nutrition Team Training webpage to learn about upcoming trainings, find training resources, view archived trainings and webcasts or to request training.