Around the World in 80 Trays
Around the World in 80 Trays is a state-wide event with the purpose of increasing global flavors in USDA School Meals Programs! DPI would like to acknowledge that food can do more than just nourish the body, but it can offer an invitation to explore the diverse cultures of Wisconsin students.
Join the School Nutrition Team and schools/districts across the state in this week-long culinary adventure, kicking off on Martin Luther King Jr. Day. What better way to celebrate the unique cultural backgrounds of students across the state than by remembering the legacy of MLK Jr. and his dream of equality and inclusion for all.
Global Meals from Wisconsin Schools
The SNT would love to see how you added more global flavors to your school meals. Send us a picture and you could be featured on our website, social media pages, in our newsletters and/or bulletins. Who knows, you might even grab the attention of USDA!
- Tip Sheet for a Successful Event
- Logo (use with Around the World in 80 Trays communications)
- Social Media Post Ideas
- USDA MyPlate Graphic (available in 21 languages)
- Need menu ideas? Each school year the DPI SNT searches the globe to bring you a weeks-worth of delicious recipes that highlight five different countries or regions. Click the links below to access the menu planning worksheet, menu template, standardized recipes, and colorful promotional flyers for each school year.
- Fast Recipe Ideas Includes dips from around the world.
- Serving Up Tradition: A Guide for School Food in Culturally Diverse Communities (Massachusetts Farm to School)
- Let's Cook, Wisconsin School Meals Rock Cycle Menus
- International Recipes (Dairy Farmers of Wisconsin)
- Let's Cook Healthy School Meals (Project Bread)
- Back to Basics: Culinary Workshop Recipes (John C. Stalker Institute)
- Culture and Food (USDA)
- Multicultural CACFP Recipes (USDA)