The final workshop in the Lifecycle of Farm to School training series, Serving Local Foods, will be held virtually on Thursday, May 4, 2023. During this workshop you will learn how to successfully market and promote local foods in your school to both students and the community. Register here!
Workshop Objectives Include:
- Learn how to market and promote the local foods served at your schools to both students and the community.
- Be able to educate students about where their food comes from and create excitement to discover new foods.
- Engage students through your school garden as a tool for education, learning and sustenance.
Benefits to Serving Local Foods:
- Promotes life-long healthy eating habits
- Connects food to core curriculum like health, science
- Draws school and community together
- Builds local economy
- Promotes sustainability
- Food Service Benefits
- Relatively inexpensive
- Increases access to local foods
- Expands variety of food offerings for menu planning
- Introduces students and school staff to food service operations
- Increases participation in school meal programs